ENFAMIL A PREMATURE 400G
- Specially formulated for pre-mature infants 0-12months.
DIRECTION FOR USE: Enfamil A+ Premature may be provided at full strength or diluted for initial feedings. If it is diluted, progression to full strength should be made over several days as tolerated. If Enfamil A+ Premature is fed to very-low-birth-weight or low-birth-weight infants, for optimal tolerance, it may be necessary to dilute initial feedings to half strength (10 kcal/30 mL or 12 kcal/30 mL) and increase caloric density gradually over a period of 8 or more days to full strength (20 kcal/30 mL or 24 kcal/30 mL).
WARNING: The baby’s health depends on carefully following the instructions (see Cautions for Usage). Use only as directed by a medical professional. Improper hygiene, preparation, dilution, use or storage may result in severe harm. Although this powder is formulated for premature infants, powdered infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants who might have immune problems unless directed and supervised by the baby’s physician. Ask the physician which formula is appropriate for the baby.
Breastmilk is the best for babies up to 2 years of age and beyond.
There is no substitute for breastmilk.
- Do not use fewer scoops than directed since overly diluted feedings will not provide the nutrition the infant needs, potentially leading to malnutrition with poor growth and development.
- Do not use more scoops than directed since overly concentrated feedings will not provide the water the infant needs, potentially leading to dehydration and other serious medical consequences.
- Failure to follow boiling instructions could be harmful to the health of the baby.
Do not use a microwave oven to warm formula. Serious burns may result.
Failure to follow these instructions could result in severe harm. Once prepared, infant formula can spoil quickly. Either feed immediately or cover and store in refrigerator at 2-4?C for no longer than 24 hours. Do not use prepared formula if it is unrefrigerated for more than a total of 2 hours. Do not freeze prepared formula. After feeding begins, use formula within one hour or discard.
PRECAUTION: Milk supplement shall not be introduced before the 6th month of life.
Infants 6 months onwards should be given fresh, indigenous, and natural foods in combination with continued breastfeeding.
The use of Infant Formula must only be upon the advice of a health professional.
The unnecessary and improper use of this product may be dangerous to the child’s health.
Use under medical supervision.
Not for parenteral administration.
Intended as sole source of nutrition when breastfeeding is contraindicated on medical grounds for which the product is indicated.;
CAUTION FOR USAGE: Instructions for Preparation and Use:
1. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before preparing formula.
2. Boil clean bottles, nipples, caps, and utensils in boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. Boil fresh water for 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature prior to mixing.
4. Pour desired amount of the cooled water into the bottle. Add powder.
5. Cap bottle and shake well.
There is likelihood that pathogenic microorganisms will be in this product when it is prepared and used inappropriately.
STORAGE: Store cans at room temperature. After opening can, keep tightly covered, store in dry area and use contents within 1 month. Do not freeze powder and avoid excessive heat.